BECOME THE LAWYER YOU WANT TO BE
The Alberta Branch Mentor Program links UAlberta and UCalgary law students of the with practicing lawyers for guidance and practical advice to enhance the law school experience. The mentor/mentee relationship also sets students on a path for successful integration into the legal profession and community. But the benefits aren’t just for students! Mentors gain leadership and interpersonal skills while giving back to the practice of law.
We consider our program a success when participants develop meaningful relationships and engage in candid conversation about life and law.
Please note you must be an active member of the CBA to participate in this program.
WHAT CAN A MENTOR DO FOR YOU?
- Assist in networking
- Answer questions regarding job searches and partnerships
- Provide practice tips and suggestions
- Provide counsel on work-life balance
- Suggest how to handle difficult lawyers and files
- Provide advice on how to obtain an articling position (please note, this program’s purpose is not to help students find a summer or articling position)
- Provide insight into a particular area of practice
- Help you to form professional goals
WHAT CAN A MENTEE DO FOR YOU?
- Keep you informed regarding the concerns and goals of upcoming lawyers
- Give back to the practice by passing on accumulated knowledge
- Attract new talent to your firm and enhance your reputation
- Build leadership and interpersonal skills
For more information or to sign up, please contact: